DEEP CREEK 1 CLOSED

Forum > General Discussion
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
11 Dec 2014

Just a 'heads up' guys & gals; Deep Creek 1 track just out of Walhalla has been closed; temporarily at this stage. Not sure if they have put 'road closed' signs at either end.

This info came from Rudi Polletti, so I suspect it is 'ridgy didge'.

Cheers for that, heading to crooked river above Dargo and coming back that way, does anyone know what the conditions are like around Talbotville?

thanks

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
11 Dec 2014

Cheers for that, heading to crooked river above Dargo and coming back that way, does anyone know what the conditions are like around Talbotville?

thanks

If you are heading up that way this weekend, expect it still to be a 'little damp' They had over 100mls of rain around Dargo last weekend.

Interesting! We drove it on Sunday just gone, 3 cars, was a lot of water in it, more than I have ever seen but it was a easy drive, no winching and no second attempts at getting out and definately no signs at either end advising it is closed, wonder why? Maybe just from all the rain over the weekend, would love it if some one can confirm this

If you are heading up that way this weekend, expect it still to be a 'little damp' They had over 100mls of rain around Dargo last weekend.

Thanks Allan

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
11 Dec 2014

This is the info regarding Deep Creek 1;

there is a lot of rumours and speculation on threads.. so take it from me.. this is what the scenario is (as I work with DEPI in this region as I manage the Aberfeldy Tracks Historic Project as many would know being Earth 4x4 Members)... it is temp. at the moment as gov't have cut funding and there is no money to fix it.. and the off camber ledge is not deemed safe... as too many accident have been happening lately... even the rescue crews were fed up and wanted it closed. Once funding is sourced they will be able to get large machinery in there.. but they migth have to divert that section.. so creating a new track around it must go through Native Title and other red tape... meetings are been held about it tomorrow.... patience is required people... nothing to do with new gov't, local ranger or anything like that... it is the way of our society.. if you work with OH & S issues each day- you people will know what I am talkign about....Regards Rudi Paoletti

Thanks ALan, so have they just fenched/taped it off at the moment? I know there have been a couple of incidents up that way lately,