Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
12 Aug 2017

Enjoy the video! 

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
17 Aug 2017

You cheated Kelvin.. took the easy way out of a trip report haha.

Anyways, it was an awesome bloody trip.. got scary at times but can't say it wasn't fun! Really shows what your car is capable of and a bit of technical driving can get you most places with a well balanced setup. In my book this trip was hard but quite impressed with my setup I made it up without many dramas.

Also the snow drive was amazing and my mum really enjoyed herself after we got out of the hard track and into the snow!! Back home she told everyone about how she never saw so much snow and told my dad she wants to buy a 4wd and do the "easy" tracks so they can go nice places like I do.. also told everyone that I'm crazy for driving that hard track.

Anyways.. This is a track where I'd like to visit again when I have my front locker in... Not sure I have the skill to LEAD a trip there.. but will definately FOLLOW Kelvin agian haha.

I made a youtube video of mostly the Navara if anyone is interested.

Dennis
Dennis (bigden)
17 Aug 2017

Great videos, looks a bit cold for me

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
17 Aug 2017

You cheated Kelvin.. took the easy way out of a trip report haha.

Anyways, it was an awesome bloody trip.. got scary at times but can't say it wasn't fun! Really shows what your car is capable of and a bit o......

Nice video mate!...Haha, I will post the trip report up soon, just need time :( 

Yes, it's a great technical track that will test your skills and vehicle to limit. 

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
17 Aug 2017

Nice videos Kelvin & Thurstain...yes. Looking at the footage, I would have rated it 'hard' as well Thurstain as Strickland has changed a bit since I was last up there.

Thurstain, if you dont mind me making a suggestion; I would think about mounting you camera in a lower position below your wiper line with not quite as much of your bonnet. Just my opinion, so hope you dont take offence.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
17 Aug 2017

Hi Allan
Completely agree. I need to move it further down.. First time I checked footage during rain since this camera is relatively new and I thought the same.. I should put it a bit further down so it can see clearer when it rains.. Assuming the double sided tape actually comes off without breaking the holder haha

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
17 Aug 2017

Hi Allan
Completely agree. I need to move it further down.. First time I checked footage during rain since this camera is relatively new and I thought the same.. I should put it a bit further down so it can see clearer when it rains.. Assuming......

All good Thurstain; good luck with the double sided tape....wink.

It is all 'trial & error' when trying to get reasonable footage and one thing I often did was not keep my windscreen clean enough when taking in car footage. Also fell for the trap of not turning wipers on as soon as there was a drop of water on the screen even if it didnt affect vision when driving, but even a little water buggers up the video footage.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
17 Aug 2017

Got it fixed up now! Guess I needed the motivation lol. It's well within the wiper cleaning zone now and also can't see much of the bonnet except the last bit and the top of the hoops.. i'll take some sample footage and watch it on the laptop when I go for a drive to make sure it's well.. as the camera screen is too small to know exactly what's going on.

Yes, I hate it when that happens with my action camera.. it has a waterproof case and sometimes when you take it out of water you'll have just a tiny drop of water right infront of the lense.. and the rest of the footage is just a big blob!