4wdtrip Xmas Gathering

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
05 Aug 2017

Hey guys we are starting our initial planning towards this year's Vic Xmas gathering and would like to know any ideas of where you'd like to see it held. I've personally been thinking Mt Cole. We have been out there a couple of times already and I have another trip planned in November - cannot get enough of the place. It has a HUGE campgrounds at Chinamans that is free and has toilets and also an undercover eating area. Lots of shade, perfect for a large group. The setting is a beautiful forest with a lot of diversity, Some amazing views and tracks for everyone from gentle tourer through to the most extreme driving in Vic. And it's also a spot that many haven't visited.

Only 2.5hrs from Melbourne and also has the most comprehensive phone coverage of any destination I've been to.

Please feel free to offer suggestions though as to where you'd like to go!

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
06 Aug 2017

How about Glenpatrick Reserve near Avoca. Huge area with flushing toilets that also has a undercover area with fireplace, bitumen access for those with caravans, options of 4wd tracks in the Pyreness and Mt Cole is close by for those wanting the 'hard stuff'. There is a cost though a couple of $ per night.

Plus some great 4wding in the area.

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
07 Aug 2017

I am only speaking for myself , I wouldn't mind a spot that is easily a day trip as I would love Deb to come this year.

Jells Park, Lilydale lake , Mornington Peninsular , Westerfolds Park , Brimbank Park.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
08 Aug 2017

I am only speaking for myself , I wouldn't mind a spot that is easily a day trip as I would love Deb to come this year.

Jells Park, Lilydale lake , Mornington Peninsular , Westerfolds Park , Brimbank Park.

Think that is a good idea Big Al; more likely to get more who are able to attend for a day instead of a full weekend.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
08 Aug 2017

I like the idea of maybe a big BBQ for a day trip! We can all pay $5 per person (or more).. Kelvin can setup something on the 4wdtrip store for people to buy "BBQ tickets" and have a nice BBQ for all the family with the kids and all for a day.. Brimbank Park sounds good (a meeting point that's not over an hour away for once lol).. and then on another weekend we can have the traditional 4wding trip! Mt Cole sounds awesome! Sign me up for both!

BBQ will give new members that are shy to just come up to the 4wdtrip family and say hi.. have a few snags and see how awesome we are and maybe they will start joining / leading trips, because let's face it.. not everyone loves to spend a night or two with complete strangers.. and the 4wding option will give us the usual fun that we all look forward to!!

------

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
10 Aug 2017

Campfire at Lillydale Lake !    I can stagger home from there......

Alex
Alex (AlexPatrol)
10 Aug 2017

No1 camp at mt Dissa, can day trip out of to either Dissa itself or up across the road into Tallarook. Easy/med tracks available at either place. It's kind of central coming from most directions. Easy access for  people going for the day or wanting to camp .

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
13 Aug 2017

As usual, not a big response Winston, (does anyone check the forum on this site..frown), so guess it is up to you to make the call and post details.

Isaac (BT50)
14 Aug 2017

I love my camping too, but if you keen to encourage a few fresh faces (and maybe some partners that like a little comfort) I'm wondering if a basic caravan park might be the go. Blackwood is an awesome spot with a huge day use area (elec bbq's, undercover etc) and the caravan park next door is basic but has hot showers, clean toilets and still allows camp fires. ten minutes away is lerderderg / wombat forests and it's reasonably close to Melbourne for day trippers. Anyway I'm keen no matter which way you go. Cheers for organising.

p.s. any chance you can "like" the forums or something so you get an email anytime there's a new post similar to showing interest in a trip?

Cheers

Isaac

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
14 Aug 2017

Once you reply to a thread, you get "subscribed" and will receive emails when there's new replys.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
18 Aug 2017

Chinaman near Mt Cole seems to be a great place, it's a new area to many of us, should be interesting. 

Konrad
Konrad (Koni)
20 Aug 2017

I never get sick of Sheepyards Flat

Isaac (BT50)
21 Aug 2017

I never get sick of Sheepyards Flat

I'll second that.

James
James (tuffeb)
21 Aug 2017

Message deleted by the author.