Carl
Carl (Carlos)
28 Jul 2017

Hi 4wdtripers,

This year we won't be hosting any free-loading rellies from the UK so I've convinced the missus we should load up the camping gear and take off somewhere over the Christmas / New Year period.

We live in Sydney and can only get two weeks off from work + we need to take our two dogs. I'm thinking Olney State Forrest - (camping with dogs ok and lots of great tracks), or Delicate Beach - (great location, dog friendly camp/beach but not much 4wd action?) ......

would appreciate your suggestions for other dog friendly locations folks

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
28 Jul 2017

I'm from Victoria but did a 3 week trio through nsw up to qld.. I stayed at olney for a few night on the way up and down! It's an awesome area, some interesting places to visit and nice tracks.. We stayed at casuarina camp spot.. Awesome place.

As for beaches.. I found that most beaches are national parks and conservation areas on the nsw Coast.. Which is unfortunate!

Carl
Carl (Carlos)
28 Jul 2017

Agree with you 100% on Olney - its a favourite and it's only 40 mins away from me. I've done a few weekends there with just me and the dogs. But the Minister for war & finance would really prefer an off-leash beach hangout nearby while I go off and play in the truck - maybe could do a week in Olney and a week at Delecate Nobby beach but looking for alternatives