Toolangi Victoria

Forum > General Discussion
Matt
Matt (Evvy)
05 Jul 2017

Hi Guys, I'm new here so firtsly thanks for having me. :)

I'm arranging a drive day from work and planning on taking 4 new 4x4's up to Toolangi / Murindindi to let some work colleagues have a go driving some tracks. I was wondering if anyone knows of some tame tracks that I can let some inexperienced people drive?

Cheers, Matt

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
06 Jul 2017

G'day Matt. I'll put a bit of a list together this morning that might assist.

There are lots of Toolangi experts on here as well that hopefully see this thread and reply.

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
06 Jul 2017

Also use this as a good reference map.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/is3cqyt93h2n6jd/Toolangi%20Black%20Range%20FA%202006.jpeg?dl=0

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
06 Jul 2017

All the harder tracks are closed for winter except Rocky track, which is a great drive but not advisable for beginners especially if in stock cars and possibly Lyndells which is definatly one to stay away from.

Not all closed tracks are gated so check on Parks Vic site to get a list

hey Matt try and talk them into joining the site, they can get a lot of experience then. I would also ask for someone with knoledge of the place to join your trip.

Matt
Matt (Evvy)
06 Jul 2017

Thanks guys for the responses and map. yes

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
07 Jul 2017

down loaded and printed out all the closed tracks in Vic this morning.

Toolangi has Aeroplane, Block 6 road,  Downies Spur, Blowhard, Joe Spur, Kalartha Creek, Link, Loop, Martins, Pauls Creek, Ridge, Rough Road, Spike Wattle , Spud and Spur Tracks all closed.

Its the Yarra Ranges North West map

Matt
Matt (Evvy)
07 Jul 2017

down loaded and printed out all the closed tracks in Vic this morning.

Toolangi has Aeroplane, Block 6 road,  Downies Spur, Blowhard, Joe Spur, Kalartha Creek, Link, Loop, Martins, Pauls Creek, Ridge, Rough Road, Spike Wattle , ......

Thanks Matt. Are there any that you would recommend safe for some standard Ford Rangers and Everests?

Greg
Greg (94_200TDi)
08 Jul 2017

When are you thinking of doing this drive day?

I live in Shepparton but used to live in Croydon and Toolangi was my favourite place to go. 

Would be happy to tag along if you wanted, and take you on some easy to medium tracks out there.

If you are thinking of going during the closed season Cheviots track is good, you should also be able to access Lukes Creek track as well.

Both good tracks that are a bit of a challenge but not what I would consider hard by any means.