Nissan Patrol Y62

Forum > General Discussion
Matt
Matt (Matt86)
03 Jul 2017

Looking at maybe getting a Y62 in about 12months and maybe doing a dual cab chop... just wondering if any one has one what they think of them?

Does anyone know if you can get a gvm upgradefor them?

Any one know how bullet proof the auto and motor is?

Cheers

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
23 Aug 2017

Hey mate this has had heaps of responses hasn't it???

I was in your situation long ago looking to purchase a new y62 or the 200 series.
I actually got to test drive the nissan patrol y62 and brought it home for a weekend to test drive and get my head around it...
The y62 is a beautiful rig, it is rather spacious, very comfortable and has awesome drivability. Not to mention the most evident stand out is the 300kw engine . It has plenty to boot.

Over all I found it as probably the best vehicle bang for buck in its price range as for what you purchase a top of the line one for these days the 200 in the same price range is not the top of the line so it's fair to say the options you get with the 62 are far superior in comparison respectively..

The only thing I didn't like about it was it was a petrol and I really didn't like the fact that the rear end looks like a Mazda cx7 or cx9

I could deal with the fact that it wasn't diesel as my other 2 4wds are petrol but the rear was my only main issue...

The big no no for me was the mrs... what the mrs wants is what the mrs gets and she hated the look of it for some reason and I have to say I understand why...

In the end we ended up with a brand new 2017 200 series sahara which I had to wait 5 months for and was about 35 grand more than the patrol.
The 200 series is a bloody brilliant rig... Yes it's plenty expensive but resale isn't a problem and they hold there value quite well...

As much as I'm happy to have a twin turbo diesel v8 the o my thing I don't like about it is the bloody dpf crap...
I can't even put a full exhaust because if you delete the dpf it throws codes etc

All in all the 62 is a beautiful rig...
I own a gq and gu as well so I am not biased to nissan or Toyota

Credit given to where credits due

Matt
Matt (Matt86)
31 Aug 2017

G'day George thanks for the response I have purchased a y62 but won't see it util feb next year so probably a series 4 versions anyway we shall see how I go with it. Just couldn't pass up on the price tag, bang for buck and the v8 with a nice exhaust

cheers

Andrew
Andrew (Kimmdogg)
14 Sep 2017

G'day George thanks for the response I have purchased a y62 but won't see it util feb next year so probably a series 4 versions anyway we shall see how I go with it. Just couldn't pass up on the price tag, bang for buck and the v8 with a nice exhaust

cheers

Good choice Matt!!

I looked at one as well, and am impressed with how they drive.  i suppose the reason i like the Y62 is that it reminds me a little of a japanese Range Rover!!  As a Range Rover owner myself, i f find the features are very similar with a powerfull V8 engine, independant suspension all around, similar terrain response feature.  They are priced just right, and are a fantastic tourer/off roader straight out of the box, plus plenty of aftermarket accessories available. 

The fact that it only comes in petrol doesn't worry me one bit condsidering all the complexing issues, expensive repair & service you get out of todays modern diesel engines. Yes the petrol V8 may use a little more fuel,  which is the trade off to a smoother,  quieter, more responsive & better overtaking top end power.   You would never recoup the added cost of a modern diesel purely on economy alone, and that's providing nothing goes wrong!!

Bang for your buck i recon the Y62 patrol is winner!!