Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
02 Jul 2017

Who on here is from the westies (or not) who would be interested in a day trip around Wombat? Hoping for some creek / river crossings, huts and mines and some easy tracks.. nothing too hard.

Not sure if there is much interest on this website? Haven't seen many Wombat trips. No dates yet, probably will be some random weekend in the next month or so. Winch and recovery gear will be a must.

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
02 Jul 2017

Thurstain, am sure you will get some interest from those who 'love mud'; especially at this time of year.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
02 Jul 2017

I'm not a big bog hole lover, but mud is fine in my books.. And could be some good fun.. Although there are some good Hill climbs etc.. It's not all mud.

Alex
Alex (AlexPatrol)
03 Jul 2017

If you go the Gisborne side, yes you will find bog holes etc. if you want some easy/med stuff and explore a few mines, the Blackwood/Daylesford side is the go. Plenty to look at around there. I camped out there Sat night, did a little exploring yesterday, I still find stuff I haven't seen before out there. Always an interesting place is Wombat.

im keen for a day trip once my gu is fixed

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
04 Jul 2017

If you go the Gisborne side, yes you will find bog holes etc. if you want some easy/med stuff and explore a few mines, the Blackwood/Daylesford side is the go. Plenty to look at around there. I camped out there Sat night, did a little exploring......

Yes plan is to go mine exploring around Blackwood side, probably go to Colbrook reservoir, duke mine, easter monday, morning star etc... 

()
04 Jul 2017

There's lots of mine shafts to explore around Blackwood. Great area to explore.đź‘Ť

Ben Howe
Ben Howe (Nacho)
06 Jul 2017

We would be keen a day trip. Just depends what date.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
19 Jul 2017

Trip posted for those interested

https://www.4wdtrip.com.au/trip.aspx?tripid=693