Club4x4 - Referral Code - 4WDTRIP1

Forum > Announcements

Hi all,

If you are goiing to take up an insurance from Club4x4, please make sure you use our quote form.

Alternatively, please provide the referral code 4WDTRIP1 when prompted or when speaking to their sales. 

Thank you

4WDTRIP Team

Chris
Chris (PunisherJK)
26 May 2017

My advise is stay away....
Bent my front diff jumped through all their hoops and got a qoute from my repairer then went to their repairer and came back 2.5 k cheaper than mine so came to 7k

Then they weren't happy with that so sent my diff off to another one of their repairers and they wanted to bend my front diff back straight for the costof 350 bucks....so unsafe and actually weakens the diff...after 2 months of fighting the claim i replaced it myself at a cost of 6k.....they still continue to not pay out....couldn'tgive me a certificate to say that they have bent the diff back to factory specifications....

I have more stories of others goung through the same thing and even them being un insurable due to windscreen claims

Rod Barker
Rod Barker (roddy626)
28 May 2017

My advise is stay away....
Bent my front diff jumped through all their hoops and got a qoute from my repairer then went to their repairer and came back 2.5 k cheaper than mine so came to 7k

Then they weren't happy with that so sent......

cheers Chris, thanks for your comments

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
23 Oct 2017

Went through all the rigamorole, that photos of this and that, list your mods and their cost, but they are more expensive than Shannon's so its a no from me.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
23 Oct 2017

I went with them for the new Disco, no photos needed, must be because its newish because they did want pics when I looked at getting the D1 insured with them. Agreed value to cover all the extras on it so happy with that.

This time I went with them for no other reasion than I wanted there top recovery cover, the thought of doing remote outback travel in a new high tech 4wd without extra cover was not worth considering IMO. Outback recoveries can run into mega $$ without trying, $15000 is not unheard of.

Forgot to go through the quote form here or mention 4wdtrip, how much discount are they offering if going through the site?

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
23 Oct 2017

Dunno Matt but fark that recovery cover is expensive if you want over 1.5k cover...  Check it out:

Our underwriter is prepared to offer this level of cover for you. As requested, please see below the details of your quote:

Quote Number:                Xxxxxxxx

Total Sum Insured:          Agreed Value $12,300 plus $15,000 accessories and modifications

Motor Premium:              $910.28 per year or $75.86 per month  on a $650.00 Basic Excess.

Motor Premium:              $865.07 per year or $72.09 per month on a $850.00 Basic Excess.

Motor Premium:              $753.03 per year or $62.75 per month on a $1200.00 Basic Excess.

Motor Premium:              $564.97 per year or $47.08 per month on a $1800.00 Basic Excess.

Please note, there is a $55.00 policy fee (inclusive of GST) in addition to the premium quoted. This policy fee is non-refundable, unless you are within the 14 day cooling off period.

This quote is valid for 30 days.

Why is Club 4X4 not comparable to my current insurer?

As a tailored 4x4 enthusiast policy you get the following included in your basic coverage:

• Off Road Recovery Coverage: This quote includes $1,500.00 of coverage towards the cost of recovering your vehicle if you break down or are stuck off road **

• Australia Wide Personal Effects Cover: This quote includes $2,000.00 of coverage for your personal effects including tents, recovery gear or navigation systems. Whether it is lost, damaged or stolen we have you covered ##

• Off Road Coverage: Gazetted, non-gazetted or cross country - we have you covered - just make sure you are always following road signage or police/regulatory instructions, and not trespassing!

• Car Hire: 21 day hire car cover available for $180.00 if your vehicle is stolen and unrecovered! No hatchbacks for you!

As discussed, below are some optional extras that you can add:

• One (1) excess free windscreen claim per policy period: $69.00 per year or $6.95 per month

• Roadside Assistance with AWA: $60.00 per year or $6.00 per month

• Additional Off-Road Recovery ($1,500.00 included):
    • Up to $15,000.00 - $250.00 per year or $24.00 per month
    • Up to $30,000.00 - $600.00 per year or $57.00 per month

• Car Hire (total-loss or damage):
    • $90.00 a day for 14 days - $105.00 per year or $9.95 per month
    • $180.00 a day for 14 days - $210.00 per year or $17.95 per month

• Additional Personal Valuables Cover:
    • Up to $5,000.00 - $210.00 per year or $17.95 per month
    • Up to $10,000.00 - $560.00 per year or $47.95 per month

Make sure you review our PDS to ensure that the cover suits you.

To get your cover started please contact us on 1800 CLUB 4X4 with your quote number, or reply to this email when you’re ready and we will happily call you.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Karlie

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
24 Oct 2017

Yeh bit pricey , maybe I am a little over cautous because of the dreaded green oval badge, mind you that isn't logical given my experiance with them but I wanted the cover and was happy to pay $250 given the D4 will go accross the Nullabor, up through the Pillbara to Broom, accross the Kimberly and back down the centre next year and I will be in some pretty remote country