New Partnership - Club 4x4, Insurance for 4X4 Enthusiasts

Forum > Announcements

Hi 4WDTRIPers,

4WDTRIP is all about connecting 4wders to go on trips and when you get off the beaten track, a great insurance provider will be give you the sense of security and peace of mind you need if things are not going as planned.

A number of months ago we sent out a survey to our members about insurance and the response has been overwhelming. Among those who have responded, over 20% of them are already with Club4x4. The general feedback from members who were already customers was positive.

Following this, we approached the team and today we are proud to announce we are now partnered!

You can now organise a quote to get your rig fully insured through 4WDTRIP, simply click on the link at the bottom of this email to enter your details and request a callback. Or, go to our website to find out more about why you should consider Club 4X4

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
25 May 2017

Message deleted by the author.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
25 May 2017

I would love to go with these guys as I heard nothing but good stuff about them.. but unfortunately they quoted me

$2639.74 per year or $219.98 per month on a $650.00 Basic Excess.

$2504.77 per year or $208.74 per month on an $850.00 Basic Excess.

$2170.27 per year or $180.85 per month on a $1200.00 Basic Excess.

$1608.74 per year or $134.07 per month on an $1800.00 Basic Excess.

That is a bit crazy in my opinion.

Andrew
Andrew (Kimmdogg)
25 May 2017

I just transfered my insurance with them yesterday.

They cover my vehicle at an agreed value and added another $6000 for the accessories.

They are slightly more expensive than my previous insurer, but they do cover you for more.

I added a few extra options to it, and still came in within a reasonable budget.

Most general insurance companies don't cover or negotiate the accessories and a aggreed value that you're satisfied with.

Andrew
Andrew (Kimmdogg)
25 May 2017

I would love to go with these guys as I heard nothing but good stuff about them.. but unfortunately they quoted me

$2504.77 per year or $208.74 per mo......

What rating are you, and  age group?

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
25 May 2017

Just done the Quote thing and will save $3.12 a year cents to switch from RACV so will have to put some research into benefits of switching 

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
25 May 2017

Message deleted by the author.

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
25 May 2017

What rating are you, and  age group?

I'm 26 with full license and with a clean record.

Andrew
Andrew (Kimmdogg)
25 May 2017

I'm 26 with full license and with a clean record.

Yeah i reckon it's an age thing...

Once you go over 30, the premiums reduce dramatically.

Don Clark
Don Clark (kmdc)
26 May 2017

I recently asked 4X4 Club Insurance for a quote on my 1999 LC105 GXL wagon (Market Value), and $12,013.00 worth of accessories. I also asked for $30,000.00 worth of recovery as I'm doing the Canning Stock Route in July this year.  The quote came in at $1282.04 with a basic excess of $650.00. While that's a lot of money for a 1999 Toyota, it cost someone $26,000.00 last year to be recovered from the CSR. I guess it all depends on how you look at it. One thing you need to be aware of is you have to pay the recovery fee up front to the people/company who you get to recover you. Provided your get a 'valid' Tax Invoice 4X4 Club Insurance will reimburse you LESS a 5% fee/excess on what you paid to get recovered and also another $200.00 excess for 'using' your recovery insurance ( the 5% fee deduction from the cost of your recovery reimbursement was introduced earlier this year.. maybe they had too many costly recoveries !!!).

So if I was to get recovered at say $30,000.00, I would get back $30,000 less 5% ($1,500), less $200 = $28,300 reimbursement.  Still a lot cheaper than not getting recovered just wish they would pay the bill upfront. Who has a 'spare' 30 grand for 'just in case' moments. Having said all this, yes I will be taking out the full insurance as the other 'option' is really scary. Regards KMDC.

Club 4x4
Club 4x4 (CLUB_4X4)
29 May 2017

$2504.77 per year or $208.74 per mo......

Hi Thurstain,

Thanks for your input. 

With any insurer, your premiums depend on a large number of factors - this is no different to us. Basically, no two people are going to have the same premium in theory. There is age, location, claims history, vehicle type, vehicle age and that is only a few of the factors that come into it.

However, we are more than happy to take a look into this for you and make sure that we are offering you the best price that we can based on your details. 

If you could please reply with your quote number and mobile, we will review your quote. 

Thanks!

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
29 May 2017

Hi Thurstain,

Thanks for your input. 

With any insurer, your premiums depend on a large number of factors - this is no different to us. Basically, no two people are going to have the same premium in theory. There is a......

Hi Thanks for that, however this as already done. I was contacted and my quote was looked into already and was advised that was the absolute best you guys could do.

Now my setup changed a bit since when the quote was sent (6 months ago) so there is no point looking into it now again anyway. I have tray, intercooler, canopy coming soon and some other goodies! Once the setup is complete I might ask for another quote and will get you guys to look into it again.

Thanks for your reply.