Newsletter - May 2017

Forum > Announcements
1 2   Next

3000 members, 600 Trips, 1 million kms journey

Big thank you for all your support. We have just passed 3000 members! 4WDTRIP is steadily growing. With over 600 trips successfully run, we have accumulated over a million km in travel distance combined by all members. We have helped many 4wders to experience some of the best part of this amazing country 

Our next step? Triple the number in the next 12 months. We need your support to meet this goal. Please help spread the word about 4WDTRIP.

4WDTRIP For your 4x4 Clubs

Over the past 12 months, we have had a lot of enquiries from clubs who are interested in using the 4WDTRIP Platform to help run their trips. 4WDTRIP can provide an easy and better way for your clubs or organisations to organise, manage and run your trips. It also helps you promote your clubs and attract more members. We are now looking for clubs who would like to trial our platform.

To register, please fill in the form below.

https://goo.gl/forms/4tYaujHrYICwdXPY2

We recommend SPOT Gen3 (Satellite GPS Messenger)

Have you ever tried to reach your family and let them know you are safe and sound but you can’t as you are not in mobile reception area? Do you go to remote areas - even just the High Country - but are concerned about what happens if there is an emergency? Do you travel alone and ever wonder what if your vehicle breaks down and needs assistance?

SPOT is a handheld satellite locator and messenger. It allows you to track a journey, “check-in” so your friends and family know where you are and you are OK, call for help in non-emergency situation (breakdown), or send an SOS message in the event of a life-threatening emergency.

It’s a great alternatively to Sat Phone which can be costly and hard to use. I have been using SPOT in the past 16 months and it’s definitely invaluable.

You can purchase SPOT from our 4WDTRIP Shop 

https://www.4wdtrip.com.au/shop.aspx

4x4 Insurance Survey

We would like your help with our 4x4 Insurance Survey. It should only take 5 mins. It would be very much appreciated.

Click this link to visit our survey https://goo.gl/forms/jE12DbIKJveII65n1

4WD Mega Muster

4WDTRIP took part in the 4WD Mega Muster 2017, a world record attempt to have the largest number of 4wds in one place. It was a great event with so many things to see and do, including the airing of the movie of “Rough Stuff”, Live band music, Show n Shine and Outback Challenge Trucks on display. Although the final number of vehicles did not meet the world record, it has proven that it can be done with little bit more time and help from everyone. We are looking forward to being involved again next year. 

Filming

It's been a busy year so far for the 4wdtrip team, starting our filming sessions off with a bang - and some winching (mostly of an FJ...) - of some of the hardest tracks near to Melbourne. So far we have filmed The Ladder at Mt Disappointment, Rocky Track in Toolangi, Joe's Spur Track in Narbethong, Woods Lookout Track near Marysville and Alcorns Track at Cobaw. We still have several to go including next month's trip to the Pyrenees to film Old Bluff Track. The video will be produced later this year and promises to feature some incredible driving on some seriously tough terrain.

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
29 Apr 2017

Great Stuffyes Can't wait to see the Video.

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
30 Apr 2017

Great Stuffyes Can't wait to see the Video.

You'll have to be patient with me. Holding down a full time job and also trying to produce these videos plus having a baby on the way means it takes a lot of time. There's a lot more involved with trying to put out a professionally edited film than most would imagine.

Andrew
Andrew (whipit)
30 Apr 2017

You'll have to be patient with me. Holding down a full time job and also trying to produce these videos plus having a baby on the way means it takes a lot of time. There's a lot more involved with trying to put out a professionally edited film than most would imagine.

no worries, congrats to you & Sondra (hope I remememerd the name rite) takes me ages to edit and upload small video to youtube so can imagine your task 

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
30 Apr 2017

no worries, congrats to you & Sondra (hope I remememerd the name rite) takes me ages to edit and upload small video to youtube so can imagine your task 

Thanks from both of us 😊

()
01 May 2017

Why do you need to triple the member number with in 12mths????

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
01 May 2017

() wrote:

Why do you need to triple the member number with in 12mths????

Because we want to have more trips run, want more trip leaders to run them, want more of our community to be able to experience the joys of 4wding. Around 50% of the member base are beginners, people who have 4wds and really want to get out and use them safely but need some help doing it.

This site is built to facilitate like-minded people getting together and going on memorable trips together. All we want to see is more people enjoying this amazing country through the medium of 4wds.

()
01 May 2017

Totally agree with your comments, just don't want to see the site start selling email address, that's why I asked.

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
01 May 2017

() wrote:

Totally agree with your comments, just don't want to see the site start selling email address, that's why I asked.

No mate, it won't go that direction. Invested advertising and marketing partners are one thing, but only from a perspective of site listings. We aren't about to go selling off member details. The site has high running costs including insurances. We want to keep it a free site as this has been the ethos from the beginning. However to do so, yeah, some financial input is going to be needed to ensure the longevity of a great concept.

Vicoffroad have already partnered with us and we are proud to have them on board as they are quality product merchants.

Our idea is to advertise and support those who support us, not to become a prostitution ring of marketing information.

Just remember that Kelvin and a bunch of the rest of us are working very hard behind the scenes for no reward and also big out-of-pocket to keep this going because we love what it achieves for all our members.

()
01 May 2017

I appreciate the work you and the team do to keep it going. Good work guys and congratulations Winston on the up coming new member to your family.👍

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
01 May 2017

() wrote:

I appreciate the work you and the team do to keep it going. Good work guys and congratulations Winston on the up coming new member to your family.👍

Thanks mate! And we really do appreciate your support along with every single other member. The benefits I've had from joining 2 years ago are amazing. I've met so many terrific people, made lifelong friends, etched memories that are some of the greatest (and sometimes most terrifying yet exhilarating) of my life. Found my niche basically. So any effort I put in - and I'm sure all of the team - we do it because this is our life. Tracks, camp fires, shits and giggles over the uhf... best places to be.

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
01 May 2017

() wrote:

Hahaha... the day of selling or buying email address are long gone. Tjey worth nothing nowadays due to strict anti spam law.
Mate if you know how much we have spent and put in today, you will think we are crazy. Well... I just hope we can breakeven soon but for now, we need to focus to grow our member base and more trips.

()
01 May 2017

That's why I love the site, to get out there with like minded people. Thanks for saying which direction the site is going. 

Just wondering  if you have a flyer that I /we can print out ? I can put on notice boards in my area,

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
01 May 2017

() wrote:

That's why I love the site, to get out there with like minded people. Thanks for saying which direction the site is going. 

Just wondering  if you have a flyer that I /we can print out ? I can put on notice boards in my area,

That's great support- thank you! Will get the artwork up - Kelvin is the genius behind where and how to arrange that.

Cheers mate!

()
01 May 2017

No worries, just like to give back in some way.

1 2   Next