New app provides daily updates to track conditions

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations
Red1234
Red1234 (Red1234)
27 Feb 2017

Hi all

We are in the process of developing a new app for the 4wd community to address multiple problems involving route planning, such as the problem of not knowing the conditions or difficulty of a track prior to attempting it since they change day to day.

The app collects data from users as they traverse tracks and analyses it to determine track conditions everyday. It provides basic information such as traffic on a track including the types of vehicles and their setup/mods to help you plan your route.

It also develops personalised track difficulties and grades according to your car, setup and driving history - so you don't bite off more than you can chew.

The app works offline and is completely automated, but users can also manually add points of interest and photos of tracks.

The app is still in development but will be released soon. If you would like to have early access to the beta version sign up at Newtracs.com

Let us know what you think - any feedback is welcome!

Thanks
Red

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
28 Feb 2017

Sounds good to me watching with interest.  Signing up....

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
03 Mar 2017

Sounds like a great idea, will it be a one off app fee? Has the price been established? Is there on going fees? And easy to discontinue?

Red1234
Red1234 (Red1234)
05 Mar 2017

Sounds like a great idea, will it be a one off app fee? Has the price been established? Is there on going fees? And easy to discontinue?
Thanks for the feedback. The pricing model has not been finalised yet but I'll keep you posted and will post updates to the website.

Red1234
Red1234 (Red1234)
05 Mar 2017

Sounds good to me watching with interest.  Signing up....

Thanks Alex!

Sounds like the perfect app. Signed up

Ray
Ray (Chook)
18 May 2018

So how's this app going? Is it a goer?

Red1234
Red1234 (Red1234)
21 May 2018

Hi all

We are indeed progressing with the app build and should have something out within the next 3-4 months.  Make sure to sign up at newtracs.com.au to stay up-to-date with news.

Cheers for all your interest!

James

Sean
Sean (Skersh)
30 Jun 2018

Sounds great. Signed up.