Overheating problem

Forum > Tech talk, questions
Previous   1 2

()
20 Sep 2016

I'm running out of ideas, have you had it at a mechanic? If so look at all receipts and list everything done since the problem started.

One other thing, check flow of the water pump with cap off. Maybe test thermostat in hot water to see if it's working properly.

()
20 Sep 2016

OK last ideas, did the problem start after you dented to trans fluid cooler?

If doing a lot of towing it's a great idea to put in a trans fluid temp gauge too.

() wrote:

OK last ideas, did the problem start after you dented to trans fluid cooler?

If doing a lot of towing it's a great idea to put in a trans fluid temp gauge too.

Ok have been told its the intercooler. You have me thinking about the bash plates. I will drill some holes in them and see how that goes. Thanks

() wrote:

Are the belts squealing?

no squealing. Refitted after water pump replaced.

() wrote:
Message deleted by the author.

hoses good, Dont ever loose a drop. Thinking it could be the bash plates.

()
20 Sep 2016

Sorry Tarnia I missed it was a turbo, the intercooler can clog up with oil sludge from the emission control system. It could be clogged or flow restricted by bash plates or a combination.

I cleaned mine out with petrol, then flushed with meths and sat in the sun for a few hours before putting back in. If you don't get a heap of discharge then it probably won't be that, however check the radiator in front of it that it isn't clogged up restricting air flow. Failing that maybe take the bash plates completely off to test if that fixes it. If it does then you'll need to do something to rectify it.

Perhaps try a Pajero forum, it's probably a common thing.

Also if removing the bash plates fix it getting a bigger intercooler will help.

Edit if you clean the intercooler, make sure as hell nothing volatile is in there when you put it back in, thats why flush with meths well and leave in the sun for a while or run with a blow drier for 15 min.

() wrote:

Sorry Tarnia I missed it was a turbo, the intercooler can clog up with oil sludge from the emission control system. It could be clogged or flow restricted by bash plates or a combination.

I cleaned mine out with petrol, then flu......

Thanks Mark for all your help. Did contact forums but seems some have this heating problem. No real idea. I wil clean the intercooler out and see what comes out. Thank you again for your time. Tarnia

()
20 Sep 2016

Once you have exhausted all those look at the egr and inlet manifold for clogging. (that's a big job to fix)

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
22 Sep 2016

() wrote:

Once you have exhausted all those look at the egr and inlet manifold for clogging. (that's a big job to fix)

Then, an LS conversion will fix it (tongue in cheek)

Previous   1 2