Sunset Fireline Track in Bunyip State Forest

Forum > 4WD Tracks & Destinations

Jase (Grenade)
08 Feb 2016

Hey guys & girls, I'm just wondering if anyone has done this track recently or tried it & had to turn back? I personally believe it's the hardest track in the forest but would love peoples opinions. I have heard that it took someone 12hrs to complete from start to finish.

Regards, Jase.

()
08 Feb 2016

I thought that one is closed for good - if you can confirm that its open, I'll come with you to check it out.

Cheers

Andre

Jase (Grenade)
08 Feb 2016

It's open but you need to be flexing like a cat to get into it. I'd go again with at least 2 other cars but you'll deffinatly get some damage doing it. Minimum of twin locks & 35's if you wanna have a hope of making it. I was there Saturday & it was amazing but I had the car on some mad angles so decided it wasn't good on my own & turned around.

()
08 Feb 2016

It's open but you need to be flexing like a cat to get into it. I'd go again with at least 2 other cars but you'll deffinatly get some damage doing it. Minimum of twin locks & 35's if you wanna have a hope of making it. I wa......

sweet,

let us know when you head out next!

Cheers

Andre

Antony
Antony (Peloza79)
08 Feb 2016

Where abouts in bunyip is it

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
09 Feb 2016

Where abouts in bunyip is it

I think it's here. 

http://her.is/1RhNDLE

I've done it once coming down nearly 11 years ago....... steep like hell.........especially the last bit (if coming up), it's nearly vertical. 

Jase (Grenade)
09 Feb 2016

I think it's here. 

http://her.is/1RhNDLE

I've done it once coming down nearly 11 years ago....... steep like hell.........especially the last bit (if coming up), it's nearly vertical. 

That's the one. The last section is atleast 30deg incline with a full 90deg switch back with about 300mm not enough room to get a car through & boulders everyone the size of 37's and bigger. I shall take a photo when I'm passing next time. 

Angelo
Angelo (cokeaddict)
09 Feb 2016

that sounds like fun :-)

James
James (tuffeb)
25 Jul 2017

Done it on weekend
Bit of a regular out there
Its rude

Winch truck only really in the wet

Twin locked 35s be ok with a slow mount take a long time and garuntee panels

Stefan
Stefan (alloffroad)
01 Jun 2018

could someon post a track log of the track please, or screen shot of Map where it's located, cant find it on the map

James
James (tuffeb)
12 Nov 2018

Its not on the maps any more its been closed for some

shoot me a text if your interested in doing it one day but it is very extreme and i dont share the location out to anyone with out set up

i put mine on its side other night near top

George
George (Georgie_Kyro)
21 Nov 2018

Its not on the maps any more its been closed for some

shoot me a text if your interested in doing it one day but it is very extreme and i dont share the location out to anyone with out set up

i put mine on its side other night near top
When yours is ok jimmy let me know. We can head out for a bit of a mishhh