Daves extreme camper project with independent suspension.

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2 3
Dave
Dave (disco)
13 Oct 2016

That is a awsome job Dave !!! Hope it all works a treat and gives lots of memorable holidays. What is the finished weight once loaded and how did the ball weight at?

HI Matt,

Total weight including all our shit is 1400KG with a ball wieght of 100KG

Regards

Dave

Bill Moore
Bill Moore (WhiteRok)
16 Oct 2016

HI Matt,

Total weight including all our shit is 1400KG with a ball wieght of 100KG

Regards

Dave

Hey Dave, a huge congratulations on a fantastic effort. Very well thought out and extremely well fabricated. 1400kg ATM and 100kg on the ball is just beautiful. No stress on tow vehicle. Silly question for you. What is the black PVC snorkel up front on the nearside?

Hope to have the pleasure of meeting up some day on the track. Once again, well done Dave

Cheers

Bill

Dave
Dave (disco)
16 Oct 2016

Hey Dave, a huge congratulations on a fantastic effort. Very well thought out and extremely well fabricated. 1400kg ATM and 100kg on the ball is just beautiful. No stress on tow vehicle. Silly question for you. What is the black PVC snorkel up ......

Thanks Bill, 

The snorkel keeps the trailer pressurised to help keep the dust out. It has a filter on the inside and also allows air through the front box to keep it cool as the fridge is in there. It can be closed if it is rainy. 

i am planning to do some trips next year for camper trailers etc so may see you on a track one day. 

Dave

Bill Moore
Bill Moore (WhiteRok)
16 Oct 2016

Thanks Bill, 

The snorkel keeps the trailer pressurised to help keep the dust out. It has a filter on the inside and also allows air through the front box to keep it cool as the fridge is in there. It can be closed if it is rain......

Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply. I thought that may be the case. Gotta keep the dust out, so many seal up everything but if there is no positive pressure it doesn't work as well. Like I said, well planned and well executed.I hope we do catch up one day mate I'd like that. The Disco looks AOK as well.

Can I ask who was it in Traralgon that did the canopy? It certainly looks the goods

Thanks

Bill

()
07 Feb 2019

Hi

just joined and checked through your post of trailer in 2015

can you tell me if you allowed for any twist( load) in camber suspension load during welding and linning up Before you finished trailer and adjusted camber in trailer upright posistion.

Dave
Dave (disco)
08 Feb 2019

() wrote:

Hi

just joined and checked through your post of trailer in 2015

can you tell me if you allowed for any twist( load) in camber suspension load during welding and linning up Before you finished trailer and adjusted camber in trailer upright posistion.

HI there,

No, I set them up striaght The kit I have you can adjust both Camber and Toe (the mounts are offcenter and by turning them you can adjust it)

Regards

()
27 Nov 2020

Hey Don. Your pictures are missing. Would love to see the rest of the build on page 2.
Daz.

()
30 Mar 2021

David ,estoy por empezar mi proyecto de un minicamper , pero quiero que sea off road,si
tuvieses podrias compartir el plano de construcción de la suspension independiente? si tienes alguna información o valor de estos planos me informas a mi correo patricio.carcamo@trackrail.cl
Saludos y mis felicitaciones por tu espectacular proyecto.
Luis Patricio
Antofagasta,Chile.

Previous   1 2 3