Trip Report Section.

Forum > Feature Suggestions
1 2   Next
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
28 Apr 2015

I know there is a section for this in posted trips, but I think it would be far better to have a seperate section in the forum for posting of reports, pics & videos. I dont believe the current system is all that well utilised as it means going back to the trip section, see if it is completed, then click on the trip report link. More often than not, there is not any reports or some have put their comments about a completed trip in the discussion section.

By having a Trip Report Section only link, the trip leader or participants can put a report/ pics etc in it making it far more 'user friendly' for everyone, including other forum members who maybe thinking of running a trip to a certain area, to click on the report & get some information etc etc. Not sure about other members, but I like to read some trip reports and maybe make the odd comment but under the current system you have to scroll through all the trips as I mentioned above.

For example, using my trip to Tallarook this weekend after the trip is completed, I or the other participants head the report the same as the trip;

ie 'A Trip to Tallarook' and the date. Again, as I mentioned earlier, some may want to see how the trip went, gain some info etc, so all they have to do is click on the Trip Report section to see if a report has been submitted.

Anyway, just my 2c worth.

Cheers

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
30 Apr 2015

Ok, guess I am the only one who would like to see a 'Trip Report' section in the forum....sad

Peter
Peter (tankbloke)
30 Apr 2015

You are not the only one Allan. It is probably the section I read most on other forums, really is useful and generally informative.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
30 Apr 2015

Yep I am with you Allan, I was just waiting to see if Kelvin, Dave or Allan had any thoughts on it.

A seperate trip report section is a great idea

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
03 May 2015

We had a chat yesturday on the Tallarook trip and everyone there agreed that a seperate trip section is a great idea !!

Can we make it happen ??

Please

Allan
Allan (Big Pig)
03 May 2015

It's a good point you raise Al , now the more I think about it the more sense it makes,it would make more accesible all future trip reports ,so for poeple who browse our forum a click of a button and up comes the trip reports and from that even the non members get to see what fun we are having and in return we get more members.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
03 May 2015

Yep definately makes sense, I had some spare time this arvo and wanted to read some trip reports to keep me entertained and what a pain in the ass having to go through all the trips just to see if there was even a trip report done, ended up giving up and went to another forum for a read...

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
05 May 2015

Yep definately makes sense, I had some spare time this arvo and wanted to read some trip reports to keep me entertained and what a pain in the ass having to go through all the trips just to see if there was even a trip report done, ended up giv......

Well Matt, we will just wait and see what Kelvin and Co think of the idea. Judging by only a few comments, it seems the majority are happy with the current system...surprise

Jason
Jason (Jasjul)
05 May 2015

I also like the idea of an easy to find section.

Colin
Colin (Col_and_Nic)
05 May 2015

I love the Idea of a seperate section in the forums for trip reports 

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
05 May 2015

Still no comment....

Come on Kelvin....

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
05 May 2015

Good idea, it can be done. ..... I will look into this guys..... give me some time..... under the pump at the moment............ 

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
05 May 2015

Still no comment....

Come on Kelvin....

I don't check forum 24/7 Matt.... Best way to get my attention is to send me an email or via contact form........ 

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
06 May 2015

Understandable Kelvin, thanx for the reply and looking forward to seeing what you come up with when you get the spare time. Thanks  mate

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
06 May 2015

I've added a new Forum section called "Your Trip Report and Experience"

http://www.4wdtrip.com.au/offroad/social/forum/topic.aspx?forumid=9

I would suggest you to post your trip report at the Trip's Trip Report section first. We have a lot of members who don't use forum at all. Some of them are the members who joined your trip too. You can paste them into "Your Trip Report and Experience". 

1 2   Next