Shane
Shane (shanegtr)
23 Apr 2015

Just joined up in the last couple of days and this would be an awesome addition

Mark
Mark (blackduck)
19 Mar 2016

G'Day All

The member list is now getting large, is their any plans to put search features into the data base, so sorting by name ,r location and types of vehicles being considered

Cheers

()
19 Mar 2016

G'Day All

The member list is now getting large, is their any plans to put search features into the data base, so sorting by name ,r location and types of vehicles being considered

Cheers

Hi just wonding what the point is to doing that ? Cheers

Martin
Martin (BT50driver)
19 Mar 2016

() wrote:

Hi just wonding what the point is to doing that ? Cheers

It is just so it is easier to pick vehicles to take stuff off for resale wink

Mark
Mark (blackduck)
19 Mar 2016

not sure where that response has come from maybe indicative of why the site does not wish to have a data base that sorts

Mark
Mark (blackduck)
19 Mar 2016

Gazza  so that  we that are outside of the metro area can see who is close by and maybe get together

Martin
Martin (BT50driver)
19 Mar 2016

Mark that was tongue in cheek but there are people on all kind of forums that just do that, scouring sites to see where people live and what kind of equipment they have.

I also do astrophotography besides 4w driving and it is an very expensive hobby so i am very careful on astro sites to not name all my equipment.

There is also the problem of insurance companies keeping watch on forums as this, for illegal mods, so they can disonour an claim when someone has an accident.

This is made very easy when they can sort drivers by name and/or vehicle.

As you may have seen on other forums, people have been dobbed in by others after boasting about their mods frown

For some astro photo's go here -->> http://martinsastro.net

Martin.

()
19 Mar 2016

not sure where that response has come from maybe indicative of why the site does not wish to have a data base that sorts

Toyota drivers are renowned for being light fingered, as all the parts are so expensive.

Us Ford owners, well that's another story, all men of great honour.cheeky

Mark
Mark (blackduck)
19 Mar 2016

Mark that was tongue in cheek but there are people on all kind of forums that just do that, scouring sites to see where people live and what kind of equipment they have.

I also do astrophotography besides 4w driving and it is an very......

Martin

Have always wondered what those little yellow dots are, what you have explained makes perfect sense.

But It takes less than ten minutes to copy the list and put into a datbase to sort by whatever anyway

nice images

cheers

()
19 Mar 2016

I live in a small country town and it would be easier for thieves to locate my vehicle via using such data on this site,if the site chooses to do a data thingy I'll be removing my vehicle info,it just makes  it more easier for the low life ,it be like a shopping list for them.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
19 Mar 2016

Would have nothing to do with insurance claims, insurance companies have better things to do than waste time searching through 1000's of sites and pages to find illegal mods. The first thing an accesser does when processing a claim is look at the vehicle and insure it was in a road worthy state. I know this because I worked in the smash repair industry for 13 years and ran my owb buisiness for 7 years. Have seen claims knocked back even after 4wd's had larger tyres and lift on the policy but the small print is always overlooked, the insured vehicle MUST be in road worthy condition.

I would also remove all vehicle details if location was listed, its a no brainer...

Mark
Mark (blackduck)
19 Mar 2016

All those details are already there

()
19 Mar 2016

() wrote:

Toyota drivers are renowned for being light fingered, as all the parts are so expensive.

Us Ford owners, well that's another story, all men of great honour.cheeky

1 2   Next