1 2   Next
Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
10 May 2021

Thinking with a chance of snow this weekend would be a good opportunity to do a rolling camp hut/snow run around Mansfield area huts such as Razorback, bluff, Craig’s and lovickks huts! Seeing as these tracks will close around this area next month should take advantage of it, any interest? Vehicle would have to have winch, lift and aggressive At s or MT at a minimum as some tracks can get challenging! Cheers

My son is also on 4WDTrip and he's also looking at doing a snow trip this weekend, I'm busy with work so might not be able to do anything. Message him on Jase_ix

Pauly
Pauly (Dagy)
11 May 2021

Yes 100percent not this weekend but free after that

Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
11 May 2021

Sounds good mate

Ray Hayne
Ray Hayne (Raymond)
11 May 2021

I was heading to Mansfield at the end of the month with the family for my partners birthday and planned on taking them up to Craig’s hut. Will the tracks still be open? I didn’t realise they closed the tracks

Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
11 May 2021

Hey mate yes tracks will still be open they close after the queens birthday long weekend

Ray Hayne
Ray Hayne (Raymond)
11 May 2021

Great to know. Thanks

I’m keen is it a day or overnight trip?? Thanks

()
11 May 2021

I was heading to Mansfield at the end of the month with the family for my partners birthday and planned on taking them up to Craig’s hut. Will the tracks still be open? I didn’t realise they closed the tracks
Ray, Mt Stirling Resort, on it's website shows that Howqua Gap & Summit Tracks are closed from 3 May to 4 December 2021. The gate is usually closed at Telephone Box Junction (TBJ) effectually locking access from the Mt Buller side to the Stirling Circuit Rd. They always do this weeks in advance of the Official opening of the Snow Season until well after it's end. The Mt Buller-Stirling Resort is an Authority unto itself and have been doing this for years ... because they can. Stuffs the 4x4 fraternity. Good luck. Alternate route to Craig's Hut via No.3 Rd. You can check with Mansfield Tourist Information Centre to verify.

Ray Hayne
Ray Hayne (Raymond)
11 May 2021

I was planning on heading up mount Buller road and cutting over to Stirling from there and then taking clear hills track up to Craig’s hut

Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
11 May 2021

Hey ray was planning on doing the hut run starting off Friday night camping at refugee hut no 3, then lovvicks or bluff on Saturday and then howwit on Sunday night

Ray Hayne
Ray Hayne (Raymond)
11 May 2021

Would love to mate but staying at Mansfield with the family and then doing a run up to Craig’s before we go home if I can still access it from mount Buller

Anthony
Anthony (Digger1982)
11 May 2021

No worries mate good luck and stay safe!

Ray Hayne
Ray Hayne (Raymond)
11 May 2021

Does anyone know if I can cut across from mount Buller up corn hills rd to howqua gap hut, then up howqua gap trail to clear hills track that leads to Craig’s hut? Was looking forward to doing this as a trip before we went home.

(shagler)
11 May 2021

Have two interested. Me and a mate heading up either way. We can't stay Sunday night though.

1 2   Next