Tallarook - Medium tracks - 4th Aug 2019

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
Colin
Colin (EastEndBoy)
04 Aug 2019

Meeting point / time - Murchisons Gap 0830.   

7 Cars joined the trip (Colin, Julia, Glen, Chris, Zoran, Anthony & Jamie).   We did the route as planned except the first turn on Davis Trk which is gated.  

Unfortunately Chris broke a CV joint mid morning and to save further damage, left at that point.   We had lunch up the top of Tehans 2, with the majority of the planned tracks completed, showing good progress.    In the afternoon we went looking for some new fun, found a few tracks we could not do (RoofTop maps "steep" part of Jenkin Track -over the bridge, Jenkin 1  and Rocky Track). but we enjoyed Tehans 4,5,6. 

The other gotcha was we could not find the bottom of Tehans 3, which according to the Hema and Rooftop says it starts in the campsite.   So we will need to start from the top down next time - any excuse to go again wink 

Thanks to all for making my first leader trip a positive experience, thanks to "Greg (94_200TDi)"  for some local advice,  whom we saw at the meet up and out on the tracks.  Finally thanks to my navigator Daniel, who was always one step ahead.  

I will add some pictures/videos  to the Facebook page.

This is the list of the tracks we successfully followed, which could be used for a future trip.   Note I originally called this Medium becuase a few weeks ago there was more water about and it was more slippery.  However in the drier weather this would be a Easy-Medium for the right set up vehicles.  

Track list using "Rooftops Tallarook Forest Activities Map" as our baseline .. in a general clockwise direction...
Murchison Gap Car Park... Horans Rd, Stoney Crk Tk, Jenkin 2, Dicks Tk, Jenkins Link Trk, Jenkin 2, Horan Rd, Mount Hickey, Caddell Tk, Gravel Pit Tk, Main Rd, Freeman Rd (toilet) Henry's Tk, West Falls, Jenkins Rd, Main Tk, Army Rd, Bridge Rd, Falls Link Rd, East Falls Rd, Flynn Road, Flynn Link Rd, Main Rd, Tehans Rd, Brandy Tk, Brandy Corner Tk, Tehans 2, Tehans 6, Jenkins 2, Dicks Tk,  Horans, Cable, to the bottom of Tehan 3, then back to Horans, Tehan 4, Tehan 5 and back to the car park. 

David
David (6pack)
10 Aug 2019

Congratulations Colin on running your first trip sounds like it went well, hopefully I can get on the next trip you run.

Cheers David