Lack of Easy -> Medium trips (Solutions)

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
1 2 3   Next

Warren (Bailz66)
30 Jul 2019

Hey All,

As a driver of a 120 prado I have noticed that there is a bit of a lack of trips suitable for members with this kind of veichle. Most trips advertised by our trip leaders are Medium or Medium/Hard requiring at a minimum

• Winch
  • Mud Terrains (33 inch+)
  • 2 inch lift
  • Full recovery gear

I think there is a large number of users out there like me who look at these and consider them just a little bit too hard for their veichle. I would love to see a few more Easy/Medium trips around the melbourne area that really focus in on some good exploring on tracks that are not going to stretch anyones car but still offer a bit of excitment.I know there are a number of trip leaders who do some beginner type events but I am thinking the level between beginner and medium/hard is where the gap is.

I am not a current trip leader but may be comfortable running a few of these. Anyone else interested in getting involved in this? Thinking one a month? 

What do people think of the concept?

Thanks

I think this is a fantastic idea. My Prado has been in some serious situations and I am confident with that but being a daily driver I don't want to break it either. I have all the gear on my vehicle so it's well equipped to handle most situations.

Julia (Julia)
31 Jul 2019

I would definitey be in. I have a good and reliable Prado, but dont have so much 4WD extras, so would love to join for an easy/medium difficulty track! 

If you organise trips like this, they will fill up very fast!

Dave
Dave (Bowy)
31 Jul 2019

Great idea, I have most of the gear but not much idea and want to gain experience to get the most out of my vehicle 

Kieron
Kieron (RedRokee)
31 Jul 2019

I like the idea. I have a Jeep Cherokee and even though it is fairly capable and has impressed some people on a previous trip, I use it as my daily driver. And I want to gain experience. I'm in!

Ian (Tattoo001)
31 Jul 2019

I put my 2 cents in a while ago about this... coming from a twin locked gq with 35s, im now in an isuzu on 32s twin locked.. it gets most places the gq went... a lot of the trips say minimum 33s or dont put your name down.. so i dont.

Not keen on 'easy' tracks as youll have a lot of stock vehicles turn up but cant go on the medium/hard trips either because my tyres arent big enough 😂

Matt
Matt (TritonGuy)
31 Jul 2019

Yeah mate this is a great idea. I’ve got all the gear but I’d love a little more experience before tackling the harder tracks. But because  I don’t have heaps of experience I’m hesitant to join the medium/hard trips especially because I don’t want to be a  burden on anyone else on the trip who is experienced. 

so I’m definitely keen!! 👍🏽

Boris (1_Prado)
31 Jul 2019

Hi Warren,

Fantastic post and idea.

Im in the same situation with a 150 series. You can count me in.

()
31 Jul 2019

As everyone else has said I agree, I have a fairly well set up challenger but it's definitely not capable of harder trips, I went on the medium/hard trip to Mt. Disappointment trip last weekend and my car was the least capable by a long way and while I enjoyed the day I don't like the feeling of slowing the group down so more challenging medium trips for the average 4x4/ute would be greatly appreciated!

Colin
Colin (EastEndBoy)
31 Jul 2019

gr8 idea. sort of trip I do alot. I have the car/gear but as the daily driver... sometimes u have to say that track is not for me.
U could post 'if you have 33's dont not reply' 😎

Nick
Nick (Morphen83)
31 Jul 2019

I have just jumped in and started leading trips and will do more and more as time permits most recent was matlock trip from Warburton. Had a bit of everything and I had minimal requirements.

I will continue to run more trips as I can, mostly easy/ medium and some explore trips. Keep an eye out and jump on when u can!

We (4wdtrip) need more ppl who are prepared to lead these types of trips.

Sounds good to me too. My Navara has a mild lift, 32 AT's, winch and some recovery gear, but Im not experienced enough for some of those trips, also, its my daily driver so i dont want to damage anything. Would definitely be interested in doing some basic stuff.

Bob (Bogong Jack)
31 Jul 2019

I support this isea. I have a fully capable Troopy, but only 31" A/T tyres, & I am always put off by the warning - "May incure some vehilce damage". My vehicle cost too much to go about bashing through the bush. Would definitely support easy-medium trips. There arfe plenty of good tracks to explore near Melbourne (I am only interested in day trips, by the way)

Sean
Sean (Skersh)
31 Jul 2019

Hi Warren, have a chat with Winston as he is about to run a navigation course that would obviously be of benefit. 

1 2 3   Next