need urgent help - pickup Unimog in Sydney

Forum > General Discussion

()
15 May 2019

Hi,

I am in Darwin and have bought a Unimog in NSW. AAA transporters were supposed to deliver it to Darwin but they have it sitting on their Smithfield yard for 2 month now and giving me the absolute run-around.

I am flying down on Saturday to pick it up and drive to Darwin myself.

BUT:

they usually don't have anyone working on Saturdays, and while they promised someone will be there - I just don't believe them anymore and I am worried no one is there and the phone goes unanswered.

Is there anyone out there who could pick up my Unimog on Friday and take it home where I can pick it up Saturday morning?

Unimog = 7.5t GVM = requires LR license.

Anyone who can help - my phone number is 0435880677

Kind Regards
Andre

4x4mate
4x4mate (maltalian0)
16 May 2019

Hey mate. 

If you don't find someone on this community to help out. 

I would consider using airtasker. Put up a job for 50 bucks. 

Easy money for them. Safe and (Somewhat secure) They get their money when you can confirm the job is done. 

Just a thought. 

()
16 May 2019

Thanks to the people who have contacted me. It feels great to know mate ship still exists and there are good people out there.

It’s all looking much better now, having some local support.

Should you be driving along the Sydney/Darwin route next week and see a green Unimog without number plates - feel free to say hello on CH40, flag me down, have a cuppa together, stop for a chat….

Keep four wheel driving and travel safe.

Thanks so much 4x4 community.

Kind Regards

Andre

4x4mate
4x4mate (maltalian0)
17 May 2019

() wrote:

Thanks to the people who have contacted me. It feels great to know mate ship still exists and there are good people out there.

Andrew (PQ RANGER1)
21 May 2019

Hi Andre,

Good luck with your drive to darwin, if you're heading through Brisbane and need somewhere to stop for a few hours or overninght, drop me a line, I used to drive the old Unimogs in Army, they're a great old rig. 

Happy travelling,

Andy

()
21 May 2019

Hi Andre,

Good luck with your drive to darwin, if you're heading through Brisbane and need somewhere to stop for a few hours or overninght, drop me a line, I used to drive the old Unimogs in Army, they're a ......

Unfortunatly thats not the end of the story. My Unimog is still held ransom, and in the meantime they smashed the windscreen to force me to pay money......

() wrote:

Unfortunatly thats not the end of the story. My Unimog is still held ransom, and in the meantime they smashed the windscreen to force me to pay money......

Andre, Have just read on Ch9 news Current Affair about your Uni-mog and others that have been caught by these Scammers. I sincerely hope that things work out for you. The law will catch up but the courts will give them a medal and the victims lose out. Good luck