4 day High Country Trip.

Forum > Trip Ideas (Expression of Interest)
1 2   Next
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
12 Jan 2019

I am contemplating running another 4 day HC trip similar to the one I run a while back, but in the reverse direction. This time we would start in Walhalla and complete the trip in the Jamieson/Mansfield area. Basic details are as follows;

Day 1 Meet in Walhalla and drive a couple of the Deep Ck tracks, (1 & 4) then the last section of Fultons. From there make our way to Burgoynes Gap Tk, then down to Macailster Gorge Hut. This would be the 1st night stop, but if we are travelling well, we may continue onto Cheynes Bridge for the night.

Day 2:  From wherever we camp overnight, we will make our way to Licola to refuel, if needed., (would suggest everyone tops up with 'motion lotion'.). Then onto Macalister River Tk towards Butcher Country Tk and up to Howitt Plains. Happy to go with Dingo Hill Tk rather than Butcher Country if that is what majority prefer but can decide on the day. If we have a trouble free day, we will continue onto Lovicks Hut via King Billy Tk to camp overnight, if we have hold ups, we will camp overnight at Howitt Hut.

Day 3:  We will then make our way towards Jamieson/Mansfield passing Bluff & Bindaree Huts. If anyone attending has not seen Craigs Hut, we can include a visit there if  the majority wish, but if everyone has seen it, we will make our way down to Jamieson via a few nice tracks. Again, all going well, we will stay at one of the campgrounds in the area, possibly Skipworth, for the night.

Day 4:  Will decide on the night but can either have a easy drive home via Mansfield or make our way back to Melb via Woods Point driving a few tracks in the area.,

If this trip eventuates, (most likely), it will be the week before or after the March long weekend, Trip will begin on a Thursday & finish on Sunday.  If you are interested in attending the following requirements are required,

1. Driver - Must be experienced and taken part in at least 5 trips here & not a person who continually pulls out of trips, ie dont take a spot if you cannot get leave etc.

2. Vehicle- Minimum of 32" A/T tyres. Full recovery gear & winch with some traction aid preferred.

3. No dogs as we will be travelling through National Parks.

Trip is suitable for partners etc as campsites, (with the exception of Macalister Gorge) will have pit toilets. Everyone must be self sufficent with food/water & camping gear etc. All days will be full on driving so if you want to bring children they must be prepared for long days in the car.

So if anyone is keen and want more details; yell out.

Paul
Paul (Sir_luxalot)
12 Jan 2019

Sounds like a great trip, I would love to come along. I’ve done 3 trips with 4wdtrip so I hope that’s not to much of a problem, I’m experienced and if I say I’m coming, I’m there. If the trip eventuates I’m keen as to come along. 

I’m keen depending on when it is. 

Colin
Colin (Col_and_Nic)
13 Jan 2019

Date depending we would be super keen.

G'day Allan I'd be keen as what dates were you thinking of as I'd need to put an annual leave in just need a date it seems like a cracker of a trip
Cheers mate

Leo (04PLAY)
13 Jan 2019

What dates where you thinking ???

Rick
Rick (Rick T)
13 Jan 2019

Hey Allan I’m interested. Either of the week ends you propose are good for me 

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
13 Jan 2019

Sadly we will be on our SA  trip

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
13 Jan 2019

Do you know timing yet Al ?

Matt
Matt (Outrage)
13 Jan 2019

Similar to Matt. Heading to the 4x4 earth SA meet for the labour day weekend. And away hunting the weekend after.

Steve
Steve (Yfishing)
13 Jan 2019

What dates r u looking at cheers

Julius
Julius (Mishka)
13 Jan 2019

Interested, what dates you have in mind ?

Wish I could but have major surgery dated March 1st.    May be off the road for about 3 months.   Similar situation with club I am with in Brisbane.   They have 4wk trip to High Country mid April.   I have to miss that one also... Not a good time for me but I wish you all a trip to remember.   Take care.

Posijohn

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
13 Jan 2019

Do you know timing yet Al ?

Alex & others, good to see some interest and most likely will run the trip the week after the Labour Day long weekend; ie starting Thursday March 14th to Sunday March 17th. Will confirm 100% in the next few days.

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
13 Jan 2019

Alex & others, good to see some interest and most likely will run the trip the week after the Labour Day long weekend; ie starting Thursday March 14th to Sunday March 17th. Will confirm 100% in the next few days.

Bugger I’m off to Tasmania for 9 days on a west coast tag along tour so will have to pass.  Next time!

1 2   Next