Aldi fridge review

Forum > Product Review
Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
29 Dec 2018

Aldi fridge has been put to test with over 39 degrees in the past 5 days.. my phone's camera has stopped working due to high temp but this fridge just kept on cooling. . Go get one!

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
30 Dec 2018

What is its power usage compaired with other fridges?

Kelvin
Kelvin (TREXGQ)
30 Dec 2018

What is its power usage compaired with other fridges?

I am not sure but I am running dual batteries (both Optima Yellow Top). I ran the fridge for 2 days straight without any solar and running the engine, the voltage didn't go below 12.4V ... and I set the temp to -6 oC under 39 degrees plus during day time. 

Mick
Mick (Sprocket)
30 Dec 2018

I am not sure but I am running dual batteries (both Optima Yellow Top). I ran the fridge for 2 days straight without any solar and running the engine, the voltage didn't go below 12.4V ... and I set the temp to -6 oC under 39 degrees plus during day time. 

This looks a bit different to the Aldi (Sterling) 45lt fridge I have. Purchased 6 months for $500 new & running continuously in the back of vehicle powered by a Optima yellow & 200w panel on the roof it hasn't missed a beat. Draws close to 5A at start up but within a few seconds drops to around 3A. It's also a lot lighter than my 16yo 15lt Engle (still running). I'm very happy with the Aldi fridge.