Richard
Richard (Papa_Bob)
18 Oct 2018

Hi all,

Just gauging interest for a day trip this sat. 

I have a route of reccommend tracks mapped out for wombat/Lerderderg. I haven't done any of these tracks but was told I'll need a winch, esspecially if theres been some rain. 

Or if theres more interest could plan a day trip around Toolangi.

Either spot trip rating will be medium to hard. You'll just need good tyres (at or mt), recovery kit and a standard lift. 

Other than that just keen to get out and have some fun. 

Let me know if you're keen, and which area, and I'll post something up later. Only looking at a group size of about 6. 

Cheers

Chris
Chris (Skurfer)
18 Oct 2018

Hi Richard.

I could be available depending on timing. Have to start work in South Morang at 6pm so would probably need to head off from either spot at around 4:30pm or so. You don't need to cater the trip around that, just that I might have to peel off from the group early when around somewhere easy to exit if you haven't finished by then.

Currenly have Toyo Open Country AT2s on the uteso they aren't too bad at lower pressures. Did a trip to Toolangi a couple of months ago and apart from having to winch a couple of times just small amounts on the more slippery mud parts that the guys with muds were able to just get up, it wasn't too much of a problem.

I'll keep an eye on the post and if there is a spare spot and it's not a problem for me to leave earlier I'll chuck my hat in the ring.

Max (maxos)
18 Oct 2018

I’d love to do Sunday!

Jamie
Jamie (Bambi05)
18 Oct 2018

Message deleted by the author.

Jamie
Jamie (Bambi05)
18 Oct 2018

I'm happy to do a Sat - Sun thing and camp over night.

Richard
Richard (Papa_Bob)
18 Oct 2018

I've posted the wombat trip up.

Justa day trip for me as I have shit to do on sunday, rather be out camping and wheeling but fatherly duties call. 

Jump on for saturday tho, should be fun if the people who recommended the tracks arent lying!

Also I probably aim to be rapping things up by about 3-4. Thats a big enough day of driving!