Private trips are... PRIVATE

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2
Allan
Allan (allanmac)
25 Sep 2018

Even simpler solution - show some respect at a trip being private and don't try and beat the system.

It clearly says at the top of the trip page "This is a PRIVATE trip" highlighted in yellow.

Exactly !, no need to try and 'reinvent the wheel' and make changes to the system. Winston, not sure how many members have tried to 'beat the system' as it must be a recent problem as I have never had a problem when I have run private trips.

Many here now run private trips for a variety of reasons and often will make it a public trip if the invited members cannot attend; nothing wrong with that. If an unvited member signs up to a private trip, it is very easy for the trip leader to remove them and send them a personal pm explaining the reasons why. Then if someone turned up on the day uninvited, just say you cant join our group etc etc.

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
25 Sep 2018

Winston, I’m all up for an argument :). Why not remove/block any member who joins or adds themselves to a private trip. 

The only private trip I ever see is the 1 that for some reason is always on the main trip page, the e......

I'm not up for an argument mate, I'm a softy.

Yes, of course remove the member is the only way to go, but if you are like many of us who hate confrontation, it puts you in a conflicting position of explaining why you are removing the person.

Add to that, the majority of our member base is comprised of newcomers, to which I'm only highlighting the point of the issue of Private Trips.

We aren't a club, there are no politics (that I'm aware of), and the site is designed to be solely for the purpose of a free portal to enable drivers to run or join trips that are ideal for them to have good exprriences and memories from.

Matthew
Matthew (discomatt)
25 Sep 2018

Cant see why this would be an issue, private is private and if someone joins that is not invited politly tell them to F off...

David
David (6pack)
17 Nov 2018

Winston, I’m all up for an argument :). Why not remove/block any member who joins or adds themselves to a private trip. 

The only private trip I ever see is the 1 that for some reason is always on the main trip page, the e......

Simon the Annual Ranger /BT50 trip is not a private trip and is open to all members with that type of vehicle specified no different to a trip that is specified to have certain size tyre /lift/ winch ect. You dont need a stock vehicle turning up for a trip listed as hard same as Ranger /BT50 weekend is there so people can drive track's and sit around a camp fire and talk about ways to improve there type of vehicle of which i have learnt a lot from talking to other drivers of the same type of vehicle. I hope this makes you understand its not a private trip its just a trip listed with certain requirements as most trips on here are.
Thanks David

Simon
Simon (VBer)
17 Nov 2018

Do what ever you like, I’ve moved on. You have my blessing.

Ian
Ian (Ranger50)
18 Nov 2018

Hi Guys,

Just reading all this talk about private trips and special trip requirement!

In my 57 years living on this planet, over the years, on and off I've been a member of groups, clubs, associations ect ect and found most of them very clicky and protective, so when somebody turns up uninvited ,unannounced or just plain unwanted things can sometimes get out of control and actual fights can break out, sometimes between members over difference of opinion but mostly with what I would call the intruder. Generally these people are politely asked to leave but then get uppedy about it and the aggession starts and once it is out of control the organisers cannot guarantee anybodys safety.

Personally myself if I know something is private or I don't have the right equipment or meet the criteria I don't try and join in, why would you, you would feel so out of place!!!

These are just my own experiences and opinions!! Everybody is entitled to there own!!

Cheers Ian

Andy
Andy (andrewcox7)
22 Nov 2018

Is there a way of introducing a unique randomly generated alphanumeric code like websites like "ZOOM" do to create privacy?

Once a trip planner selects the "private" box it'll trigger the code generator and an email invite box where you can fill in the invitee's from a clubs email list?

I am a member of a few very private clubs to do with ex-servicemen and front-line responders etc who use 4wd trips to facilitate PTSD discussions, etc.

If randoms rolled up to those they'd want to be packing some seriously modified jocks to cope with what happens next.

Ian
Ian (Ranger50)
22 Nov 2018

Is there a way of introducing a unique randomly generated alphanumeric code like websites like "ZOOM" do to create privacy?

Once a trip planner selects the "private" box it'll trigger the code generator a......

Randoms

Ian
Ian (Ranger50)
22 Nov 2018

Randoms
Sorry spell correct keeps putting ransoms when should be randoms.

Previous   1 2