Grampians Touring Trip

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
07 Jun 2018

This must have been the best, most breathtaking and most relaxing trip I led so far. Most of the tracks were easy, with the exception of the second last track which had a few wheel lifts from what I heard but nobody had any major dramas.. it had a few decent rock steps which was a good challange to end the adventure with.

All the views were breathtaking, lunch spot was awesome, camp site was good and the fire was perfect but weather was FREEZING.

I had many tracks planned, but with the 10am start and the sun setting early, I had to skip a few tracks. I also wanted us to enjoy the views and rock formations etc, so didn't push too much - just had a nice relax day and the group was great. Loads of stories and laughs shared and weiredly enough everyone that joined this trip, I met before on my wombat trips which was a plus.

Hope to see everyone again soon and hopefully everyone had a good time like me! Perfect touring destination - will lead this trip again for sure.. whilst it's not a challanging area, the insane views make up for it.

Some of the photos are credit to Faris, Mojo, Steven and myself. Thanks everyone for sharing these photos allover facebook - excellent memories were made on this trip.