ARB compressor automatic inflator mod.

Forum > General Discussion
Previous   1 2

()
08 May 2018

Hi Winston

This is a great idea, not sure of how you plan to do it and keen to hear how it works out.

You got me thinking - a simple mod could be to replace the ARB factory Pressure Switch (set at say100psi) with one that ......

Best ‘cheap’ solution I think is:

get a InaWise Internal TPMS, which shows you on a display the current tyre pressure.

plug in the air hose , watch the display and unplug when ready.

thats how I run it for years.

having the TPMS is paying for itself - saved me a few tyres over the years

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
09 May 2018

Even easier, 2 pressure switches on the tank wired through a 2 way electrcal switch on the dash.  Pick which pressure switch you want it to turn off at  via your toggle switch, job done.

()
09 May 2018

Even easier, 2 pressure switches on the tank wired through a 2 way electrcal switch on the dash.  Pick which pressure switch you want it to turn off at  via your toggle switch, job done.

Pressure switch won’t work because the pressure between compressor and valve is higher than the tyre pressure.

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
09 May 2018

Well I usually stop my compressor when it reads 75 gives me 45 in the tyre

()
09 May 2018

Well I usually stop my compressor when it reads 75 gives me 45 in the tyre

The bigger the compressor the bigger the problem in this case ;)

if you got an air tank in between (like me) a pressure switch doesn’t work at all - i’ve tried...

if you are happy enough to build a little enclosure, you can buy the internals of a servo pump for about $50.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32708663944.html?pid=808_0000_0109&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32708663944

just saying it, because i’ve seen people with pressure switch setups who trusted their setup and didn’t check the pressures...

()
09 May 2018

Just use a  regulator of a compressor. Around $15 of eBay.

()
17 Mar 2019

Hi Winston,

did you get to finish the project?

Just bought a Unimog and I am thinking about a low tech air up/down solution for 43" tyres...

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
21 Mar 2019

() wrote:

Hi Winston,

did you get to finish the project?

Just bought a Unimog and I am thinking about a low tech air up/down solution for 43" tyres...

Hey mate, I shelved the project as finding low MOQ pressure switched that were accurate was difficult, and for now the build of the new vehicle is consuming every spare second I can find.

() wrote:

The bigger the compressor the bigger the problem in this case ;)

if you got an air tank in between (like me) a pressure switch doesn’t work at all - i’ve tried...

if you are happy enough to build a little enclo......

Andre, good morning, just going through this old thred and thought that the Aliexpress item would be perfect, but one problem it is 240 volt. Did you find a 12 volt version? TIA. John

()
27 Mar 2019

Andre, good morning, just going through this old thred and thought that the Aliexpress item would be perfect, but one problem it is 240 volt. Did you find a 12 volt version? TIA. John

The internals run on DC, first component is a 240V AC to 5v DC transformer.

all you need is a 12V to 5V DC from jaycar 

() wrote:

The internals run on DC, first component is a 240V AC to 5v DC transformer.

all you need is a 12V to 5V DC from jaycar 

Andre, thanks, probaly tell I am not an electrician, LOL

Previous   1 2