ARB compressor automatic inflator mod.

Forum > General Discussion
1 2   Next
Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
04 May 2018

Hey guys I'm working on a little project at the moment but as a heads up it's a mod for ARB compressors that will allow you to have a preset tyre inflation pressure that cuts out the compressor once the desired pressure is reached. So no more standing by your tyre and checking if it's the right pressure anymore. Just plug the chuck adaptor onto the valve and wait till the compressor shuts off.

Will work irrespective of whether you have lockers or not. However initial mod design will not be compatible with aux tank setups. If this works I'll tackle that issue as a subsequent mod.

Sussing out prices for components and ordering what I need to do my own then will start testing and calibrating to see what's involved.

Will keep you posted on results.

Bopper (Bopper)
04 May 2018

Can do the same with my ARB Linx, inflate and deflate, is a great mod

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
04 May 2018

Can do the same with my ARB Linx, inflate and deflate, is a great mod
Yep. But a little on the exxy side vs what I'm planning for the budget conscious opportunist. Anticipating between 50 and 100.

Matt (FTRUCK)
04 May 2018

Id be keen to hear how your priject goes. I would be happy to help with marketing etc

Bopper (Bopper)
04 May 2018

Yep. But a little on the exxy side vs what I'm planning for the budget conscious opportunist. Anticipating between 50 and 100.
Indeed, i wouldnt have done it if i wasnt redoing all my switches and adding new stuff, the gps speedo is nice as well

()
04 May 2018

Indeed, i wouldnt have done it if i wasnt redoing all my switches and adding new stuff, the gps speedo is nice as well

I've put one in my ute - it's called "pressure perfect" sitting between the air tank and the air outlets (one each side, with hoses always connected)

I do two tyres at a time, pretty much same as the digital pumps at servo, just way faster (2x twin ARBs driving the air;) )

George T
George T (GeorgeT)
04 May 2018

This works like a charm. No mods needed. Set inflation and deflation pressures. Super easy.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F311592703472

()
04 May 2018

This works like a charm. No mods needed. Set inflation and deflation pressures. Super easy.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0......

nearly bought one of them

G'day, great idea, good luck with your system. I actually had a demonstration of a similar system yesterday, Rugged Groups, Perfect Pressure, new improved model, but I think it had too many bells and whistles for me. I look forward to the results of your testing and also await a system that can be used with aux tanks. Cheers. John

Winston
Winston (Winston_FJ)
05 May 2018

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0......

Yep the Jamec is great, and I nearly went down that path but the allure of a cheaper solution won me over. Plus I love a good project.

Bopper (Bopper)
06 May 2018

Yep the Jamec is great, and I nearly went down that path but the allure of a cheaper solution won me over. Plus I love a good project.
The project is the best part

Jason
Jason (Deimos)
08 May 2018

Message deleted by the author.

Jason
Jason (Deimos)
08 May 2018

Yeah Winston keep us updated as well as step by step setup and pricing would be great... with pics n videos if u can.
I'm currently looking at plumbing my 260L compressor with a 4l on board air tank. And was interested in this new ARB all in one command (if we talking bout same thing) that does airs, lighting, etc. All from 1 tablet like console.

But looks $$$

Nigel
Nigel (Nigel)
08 May 2018

Hi Winston

This is a great idea, not sure of how you plan to do it and keen to hear how it works out.

You got me thinking - a simple mod could be to replace the ARB factory Pressure Switch (set at say100psi) with one that is set at the correct tyre pressure (eg 40 psi). I found one on ebay for $30

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Air-Pressure-Switch-12V-Adjustable-15-140-psi-Diff-Locker-Air-Compressor-Lock/162546965730?hash=item25d88ddce2:g:aisAAOSwR29ZB8u3

Automatically turning off the compressor at the correct inflated pressure.

NOTE - This only works if you don't have airLockers though (unless you wire them in parallel with an isolation bypass)

()
08 May 2018

Hi Winston

This is a great idea, not sure of how you plan to do it and keen to hear how it works out.

You got me thinking - a simple mod could be to replace the ARB factory Pressure Switch (set at say100psi) with one that ......

A simple pressure switch doesn’t work because you have a valve between hose & tyre which restricts airflow.

Let’s say you got 20psi in your tyre and turn the compressor on. The pressure in the hose will go up instantly to 70-90psi, while the pressure in the tyre goes up slowly.

the only way how to do that is:

1. Measure pressure before turning on compressor 

2. Turn compressor on for 5sec

3. Turn compressor off and measure again

4. Calculate time to achieve desired pressure 

5. Turn on compressor for time calculated in 4

6. Turn compressor off, measure again

repeat until pressure is within desired tolerance 

you can buy the circuit and solenoid required of aliexpress for less than $50. It’s basically what’s inside the servo pumps.

there is another option - measure the pressure inside the tyre. You could you use a TMPS for that.

1 2   Next