Lerderderg through Wombat to La Franchi Hut

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience
Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
24 Apr 2018

Ran my 4th trip on 4wdtrip last Sunday and it was another great day out. Was having too much fun with the new Patrol to take too many photos but I do have a few good ones to share.

We pretty much drove the whole wombat / lerderderg east to west through some challanges and some easy tracks. Excellent group of guys, everyone clicked well together and we had a long lunch and stopped for a few chats along the tracks. Started the day with a good hill and a couple challanges... we did have an "oh shit" moment when a car took the wrong line up an obstackle and ended up swinging on 2 wheels with front passenger and rear driver wheels bouncing. So I pulled on the bullbar while he reversed back down and gave it another go on the correct line as I spotted.

Couple delays along the tracks..First one.. someone got stuck in a bog hole, second one someone else got stuck then realised he had lockers (lol), and third one I practically jumped the front passenger tyre up a tree stump (front end gained airtime) and NEARLY debeaded tyre off the rim, luckily I only just pushed it in a bit and didn't loose air.. took us a good few litres of water and some cleaning and some airing up and down to get it back in properly.

Finished the day with a good challange going down and up a dry creek and a few deep ruts.All in all it was a good trip, finished real 4x4ing at 4.30pm but then we hit the black top and some dirt roads to visit a hut, where we spent another 2 hours and we were airing up at 6.30PM

Thanks to everyone who joined in, I will be running a similar trip again this Sunday

https://www.4wdtrip.com.au/trip.aspx?tripid=805

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
24 Apr 2018

Sounds like a good trip :-)

And welcome to the dinosaur age of live axles with your new rig.  Sure they handle like boats on road in comparison to IFS but when the chips are down !

Thurstain
Thurstain (Tcm9669)
24 Apr 2018

So far on road it's not as bad as I'm only on 33s - but offorad, it's actually insanely capable. What my front locked Navara hesitated on the best lines, this one did with me just pointing and going.. no lockers.

Mark (markfowl)
26 May 2018

Sounds like a great trip - which tracks did you use?