Woods Point Day Trip Monday Jan 8

Forum > Your Trip Report & Experience

Well as this wasn't my trip. The leader had to withdraw due to radiator leak. So here I go with the trip report, it wont be a long report. So I got to the meeting point around 7:30am. Rest of the crew arrived before 8am except 1 person, who left a message on the site for me telling me that they would be 20min late. I went to ring but found that they didnt have a contact number or emergecy contact infomation on his profile. It is very important to put this infomation on the site. We waited untill 8:30 then set off. 

On the trip we had some varying degrees of experience from first trip or only a couple of trips. We had a bit of a shower before we left to keep the dust down. So I had Garry behind me so some that wanted to try the narly bits could follow him and I had Simo as TEC. As Alex the origanal trip leader said it was a relaxing drive. we had the usual chatter and friendly banter on the radio well we did have a Jeep on the trip, Any way we hit Stockmans to air down, then hit the tracks. I missed a couple of turns but it was great having Garry with me to help lead "should have gone left there Kev" I would hear on the radio.

We didnt get to the tower where I planned to have lunch, so we had lunch on the mowed section on the track before the tower. Set off after lunch stopped for a few min at the tower before heading to Woods Point. We got to Woods Point  around 2pm. A couple of the group wanted to head home so I made sure they had thier GPS show them home and Garry took them into Woods Point.

Garry, Julie, Simo and myself stayed over night at Scott Reserve. It rained for a while not a shower. Sunday morning I took a drive to Knockwood campsite to check that its open, Alan Knockwood is open. 

Thank you Gazza and Julie for helping out as always, Gazza is a great bloke to have around, thats the only reason I decided to pick up the torch and lead thanks again mate. 

Well that all folks hope you all had a great trip, I have a video I will post soon. 

Allan
Allan (allanmac)
10 Jan 2018

Nice little report 'Big Kev' and good to see you back on the tracks....yes. Also, thanks for message re; Knockwood. Is always good having Gazza on trips with his great sense of humour; and he doesnt go on about ARB 24/7.

Hope all those who took part, had a great time. Where are the pics??????

not sure how to post pics here mate. But i only took one which I placed in the photo section on the trip page. I have a video but I as you know mate I struggle to put them here

Nice little report 'Big Kev' and good to see you back on the tracks....yes. Also, thanks for message re; Knoc......

yeah Drove down to Knockwood Tuesday morning. nearly side swiped a mine B/D truck, lucky I missed, he would have gone over the side of the track. Really didnt have the time to winch him out again.

Serious now..... If you are on that track set you UHF to channel 40 and let the the Trucks know where you are....

Alex
Alex (TEQ-80)
16 Jan 2018

Thanks Kev for stepping up on short notice at T/L, much appreicated and my shout for a beer at the next pub we pass.  Glad you made it to WP sorry I had to duck out with what turned out to be the radiator saga of the decade.  Suffice to say the fan shroud is now modified to suit the (new) radiator looking forward to hitting the tracks and seeing if I have enough fan tip to shroud clearance in the rough stuff. Its all good.

I reckon a re-run is in order maybe Feb or March and no excuses I won't miss it next time !